Positive Peer Relations
Every student deserves to feel safe, respected and valued
Promoting positive peer relations
KRB does not tolerate bullying. We affirm that all students, staff and parents have the right to enjoy a safe and supportive environment and to feel accepted as valued members of the school community.
The KRB Positive Peer Relations/Anti-Bullying Policy aims to reflect our Sacred Heart goals and discourage behaviour that compromises a person’s rights, self-respect, morale or capacity to work and study.
Download our Positive Peer Relations/Anti-Bullying Policy.
What is Bullying?
KRB strives to prevent and reduce bullying by focusing on all sectors of our school community.
- Teaching and reinforcing our Sacred Heart Values.
- Implementing pastoral programs that teach appropriate social skills and promote positive behaviours.
- Creating an uplifting and bright physical environment to reinforce the value of positive relations.
- Raising awareness through our periodic Peer Relations survey.
- Providing regular information to parents on issues related to bullying.
- Providing information sessions that support parents to raise their children.
- Regularly training teachers and staff on types of bullying and how to respond.
- Keeping informed about the latest research on bullying and ways to encourage positive peer relations.
- Using techniques that are empirically tested in Australian schools.
- Supporting affected families through internal and external counselling services.
- Closely tracking students who may exhibit bullying behaviour.
Rights and responsibilities
All members of our school community have rights and responsibilities.
|To feel safe
||To respect the Sacred Heart values
||To respect yourself
|To be respected
||To respect others
|To be valued
||To support others